At Girls’ Voices Matter, we’ve put together a creativity guide for sheltering in place during the coronavirus pandemic.
From the blog:
- Make a film like Maya Deren.
- Ten Media-Arts Activities for Teen Girls.
- Women-made Films About Mental Health.
- Girls Design and Play Their Own Video Games.
Women Filmmakers of the Pacific Northwest
Video Games for Strong Girls
A List of Resources for Video and Photography
We’ve compiled a list of online photography and video resources for students and parents (see below).
- NEW: Total Beginner’s Guide to Video Equipment
- NEW: Complete Tutorial for iMovie
- NEW: Rules of Framing and Composition
- Using Photography to Inspire Young Learners
- How Can We Use Photography to Inspire Environmental Responsibility in Our Students?
- Classroom Ideas for Teaching Photography
- Video lessons and lesson plans from Animoto, including digital scavenger hunts, video autobiographies, fine arts portfolios, and science experiments
- The 90-Second Newbery Film Festival is an annual video contest in which young filmmakers create weird short movies that tell the entire stories of Newbery-winning books in about a minute and a half.
- Stop Motion Ideas for Beginners, including Fruit Salad, whiteboard and many more
- Photographing flowers against a black background at The Smell of Roses
- Revolutionize Your Mobile Flower Photography With 15 Simple Tips at The Smell of Roses
- Creative ideas for photography with the iPhone, including timelapse.
- Britton Perelman’s travel and photography blog, Passion Passport, includes many creative ideas for video and photography
- B&H’s Women of Influence Documentaries: short videos about groundbreaking women in film
Girls’ Voices Matters Instagram Page
We post Creative Ideas for Video & Photography at our Instagram.
We post little-known facts about women in film in our “Did You Know” series.
Ophelia’s Place, a Community for Girls, has a wonderful website with many resources for girls.
Check out their YouTube channel for activities including some fun and slightly crazy craft ideas!
We hope you’ll take advantage of these activities to explore your creativity.