Girls’ Voices Matter and AAUW Eugene-Lane Branch are pleased to invite submissions for our inaugural Civics Trek Contest.
The Contest provides an opportunity for girls to increase their knowledge of civics and citizenry while learning to make a video presentation.
Eligibility: The contest is open to all Lane County, OR residents 14–18 years old who identify as girls.
All interested participants must submit a “Student Application and Parent/Guardian Permission/Release” form. Download the application form here.
Extended Due Date: Friday, March 12, 2021, by 5:00 p.m.
How to submit your application:
SEND APPLICATIONS BY EMAIL TO: Erica Goss, Director of Girls’ Voices Matter at firstname.lastname@example.org
Notification of application receipt:
Applicants will be Notified that their application has been received by March 15, 2021.
Applicants will then be sent:
- Civic topics & presentation GUIDELINES
- Video Tips
- Prepare one (1) original video, 5-8 minutes long according to the GUIDELINES
- Read the Video Tips
- Submit the video to Erica Goss, Director of Girls’ Voices Matter
Judging of the videos
- The judges are women from other non-profit organizations in Eugene.
- Judging will occur between April 24, 2021 and May 15, 2021.
- Winners will be notified May 18, 2021. Public announcement will be about a week later.
- The winning videos will be uploaded to the private GVM account on YouTube on May 29, 2021
Prizes & Award Ceremony
Prizes Awarded to Winners:
1st Prize – $100
2nd Prize – $50
3rd Prize – $25
Honorable Mentions for seven runners-up will be recognized with certificates
Award Ceremony: AAUW-Eugene Branch, Cathy Meyer, will contact Prizewinners and Honorable Mention runners-up. They will be invited to attend the June 12, 2021, AAUW Eugene-Lane branch meeting where they will be recognized and receive their prize. (If meeting is conducted virtually, prizes will be mailed to the contestant’s address provided promptly following recognition.)
Civics Trek Contest Co-Sponsors’ Website References:
AAUW Eugene Lane Branch: https://eugenelane-or.aauw.net
Girls’ Voices Matter: https://digitalstorytellingpnw.com
Contact Cathy Meyer, AAUW Eugene-Lane Civics Trek Chair